Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-03-08 01:20:03

Peppsp

Bond shells together by nodes

Hello,
I'm trying to tie two shells using LIAISON_MAIL:

load = AFFE_CHAR_MECA(
   LIAISON_MAIL=_F(
    GROUP_MA_MAIT=('GrMesh_4_Faces', ), 
    GROUP_NO_ESCL=('TuboT2_base2', )
  ), 
) 

'TuboT2_base2' are nodes on the pipe circle and 'GrMesh_4_Faces' is the rectangular plate, see attached picture.

I get this error:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
   ! <S> Exception user raised but not interceptee.                              !
   ! The bases are fermees.                                                      !
   ! Type of the exception: error                                                !
   !                                                                             !
   !  Pas de mailles à projeter ou en correspondance.                            !
   !  Dans le cas de l'utilisation de AFFE_CHAR_MECA / LIAISON_MAIL, les mailles !
   ! maîtres                                                                     !
   !  doivent avoir la même dimension que l'espace de modélisation :             !
   !  - mailles volumiques pour un modèle 3D                                     !
   !  - mailles                                                                  !
   ! surfaciques pour un modèle 2D                                               !

From this thread https: //www.code-aster.org/forum2/viewtopic.php?id=19176 it looks possible, apparently not as I have done.
Which is the correct way?

Thanks

Attachments:
capture.png, Size: 58.53 KiB, Downloads: 61

#2 2022-03-08 10:29:24

Giuseppe Faggiano

Re: Bond shells together by nodes

Peppsp wrote:

Hello,
I'm trying to tie two shells using LIAISON_MAIL:

load = AFFE_CHAR_MECA(
   LIAISON_MAIL=_F(
    GROUP_MA_MAIT=('GrMesh_4_Faces', ), 
    GROUP_NO_ESCL=('TuboT2_base2', )
  ), 
) 

'TuboT2_base2' are nodes on the pipe circle and 'GrMesh_4_Faces' is the rectangular plate, see attached picture.

I get this error:

! <S> Exception user raised but not interceptee.                              !
   ! The bases are fermees.                                                      !
   ! Type of the exception: error                                                !
   !  Pas de mailles à projeter ou en correspondance.                            !
   !  Dans le cas de l'utilisation de AFFE_CHAR_MECA / LIAISON_MAIL, les mailles !
   ! maîtres                                                                     !
   !  doivent avoir la même dimension que l'espace de modélisation :             !
   !  - mailles volumiques pour un modèle 3D                                     !
   !  - mailles                                                                  !
   ! surfaciques pour un modèle 2D                                               !

From this thread https: //www.code-aster.org/forum2/viewtopic.php?id=19176 it looks possible, apparently not as I have done.
Which is the correct way?

Thanks

*https://www.caelinux.org/wiki/index.php/Contrib:KeesWouters/shellsolid/liaisonmail*

#3 2022-03-08 12:36:19

jonas loenartz

Hello,

LIAISON_SOLIDE uses by default

TYPE_RACCORD = 'MASSIF'

and it expects the nodes of the defined groups to have only the three translational degrees of freedom. The nodes of the shell-elements carry 6DOF
I suggest using

TYPE_RACCORD = 'COQUE'

for GROUP_MA_MAIT you select the rectangular plate and for GROUP_MA_ESCL you define edge elements on the end of the pipe you want to connect to the rectangular plate, (or GROUP_NO_ESCL with the nodes on the edge of the pipe you want to connect)

For more details check out the documentation [U4.44.01]

Jonas

#4 2022-03-09 01:56:29

Peppsp

TYPE_RACCORD = 'COQUE' solves, thank you!