Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-10-03 17:27:05

jonas loenartz

[SOLVED] stress visualization for DKT-elems with paravis onsurface

Hello, my name is Jonas and I recently started working with Code Aster, using Aster Study in Salome Meca for the moment. I immediately loved it, and plans are at my firm, to entirely switch from commercial FE-solvers to Code Aster in the future.
Currently I am doing a lot of testing, and learn a lot by trial and error, comparing my results to the ones calculated by our commercial software . I ran a simple static analysis of an H-beam, modeled as DKT element type, with pressure applied to the flange. I was able to extract the (equivalent) stresses at the Gaussian-points via CALC-CHAMP and SIGM_ELGA, SIGM_ELNO and SIEQ_ELGA SIEQ_ELNO. By POST_CHAMP, EXTR_COQUE, I extracted the stresses for the individual layers.
In paravis I was able to visualize the stresses (completely and for the individual layers) by displaying SIEQ_ELGA on the Gaussian points. I tried the filter ELGA_field_to_surface, but no results were shown. What I currently am trying to achieve, is to visualize the stresses on the surface (attached screenshot for an example).
Another thing I am interested in, is to extract the max value out of the three layers of each element and have something like a MAX_SIEQ_ELGA field in the results.

Thank you very much in advance:

Jonas

Last edited by jonas loenartz (2021-10-09 15:22:17)

Attachments:
what_I_want.PNG, Size: 286.34 KiB, Downloads: 78

#2 2021-10-03 17:28:17

jonas loenartz

Re: [SOLVED] stress visualization for DKT-elems with paravis onsurface

* here is the exported .comm file for the case

Attachments:
Stage_1.comm, Size: 2.17 KiB, Downloads: 59

#3 2021-10-04 12:05:32

jonas loenartz

Re: [SOLVED] stress visualization for DKT-elems with paravis onsurface

Ok, I made progress. I was able to get the visualization I wanted. First I used CALC_CHAMP to calculate SIEQ_(ELGA/ELNO), then extracted the layer I wanted with POST_CHAMP, EXTR_COQUE. Then I used CALC_CHAMP a second time, to calculate SIEQ_NOEU based on SIEQ_ELNO and I chose POST_CHAMP as the input-results. As soon as I find out, how to extract max-values of all layers, I will mark this post as solved.