Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-09-21 16:31:51

ravi6195

Error due to AFFE_Cara_elem, Buckling Analysis

Hello,
I am trying to model a POD using shell elements for all the beams and trying to figure out if it will fail due to buckling. I have done a simple linear analysis on the model to verify if partition and meshing went correctly and I was able to see the deflection for some force.
But when I try to do the buckling analysis I get this error.
Error of use:!
   !  One does not manage to correctly build the field containing the number of subpoints !
   !  of the finite elements                                                              !
   ! (multi-layer shells, multifibre pipes, beams,') model model.                         !
   !                                                                                      !
   !  Risks & advices:                                                                    !
   !  This error intervenes when one does not define                                      !
   ! TOUTES the elementary characteristics                                                !
   !  in the same AFFE_CARA_ELEM.                                                         !
   !  For the commands of computation, it is necessary one MODELE and                     !
   ! that only one CARA_ELEM.

I have double-checked all the elements in AFFE_CARA_ELEM everything seems fine to me I don't understand where is this issue coming from. I have done a similar analysis on a simpler model with only one shell element and that ran properly.

I'm attaching the hdf file, please have a look.

Thank you.

#2 2021-09-21 19:14:32

rodrigofarias

Re: Error due to AFFE_Cara_elem, Buckling Analysis

ravi6195 wrote:

Hello,
I am trying to model a POD using shell elements for all the beams and trying to figure out if it will fail due to buckling. I have done a simple linear analysis on the model to verify if partition and meshing went correctly and I was able to see the deflection for some force.
But when I try to do the buckling analysis I get this error.
Error of use:!
   !  One does not manage to correctly build the field containing the number of subpoints !
   !  of the finite elements                                                              !
   ! (multi-layer shells, multifibre pipes, beams,') model model.                         !
   !                                                                                      !
   !  Risks & advices:                                                                    !
   !  This error intervenes when one does not define                                      !
   ! TOUTES the elementary characteristics                                                !
   !  in the same AFFE_CARA_ELEM.                                                         !
   !  For the commands of computation, it is necessary one MODELE and                     !
   ! that only one CARA_ELEM.

I have double-checked all the elements in AFFE_CARA_ELEM everything seems fine to me I don't understand where is this issue coming from. I have done a similar analysis on a simpler model with only one shell element and that ran properly.

I'm attaching the hdf file, please have a look.

Thank you.

Hi. You forgot the attachment. Also, its best to attach the message file for people understand better what has happened.
Regards.

#3 2021-09-22 07:36:12

ravi6195

Re: Error due to AFFE_Cara_elem, Buckling Analysis

I'm sorry, the file was large and couldn't get attached.
Here's the link,
https: //drive.google.com/file/d/1lStKSBu130ybtikht5_vYT-Y8zj_KTav/view?usp=sharing
Thank you.