Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-26 16:39:54

rnardin

Submeshes continuity

Hello,

I'm trying to mesh a geometry which is an assembly of "bricks", which are topologically derived from a cube. Each of these bricks obviously has 8 edges and can be meshed with hexa structured elements (3D algo = hexahedron(i,j,k) ; 2D algo = quadrangle mapping ; 1D algo = wire discretization).

In the geometry module, they are all assembled using the "create compound" command. And then when I try meshing the compound, it appears that the mesh is not continuous between the volumes. How can I force mesh continuity ?

Thanks you, best regards,
rnardin

#2 2021-05-27 12:07:38

rnardin

Re: Submeshes continuity

UPDATE

I figured out that working on a "compound" of solids does not provide a continuous mesh... But working on a partitionned solid does. The 2nd to last post of this topic (https://code-aster [dot] org/forum2/viewtopic.php?id=14877) helped me. Here is the main information, posted by jerybe.

"1) begin by creating a set of solids
  2) make a recursive fuse of all the solids :
                      fuse_1 = solid_1  + solid_2
                      fuse_2 = fuse_1 + solid_3 ...
  3) make a recursive partition of the last fuse_n with all the solids :
                      partition_1 = fuse_n / solid_1
                      partition_2 = partition_1 / solid_2...
  4) explode the last partition

Now we can mesh this last partition. It gives a coherent mesh between all the solids and we can assign different groups from the solids...."

This works well and I have no more issues with mesh continuity. There is however one problem remaining : a few volumes of the mesh were not computed. The errors state that "Mesh on faces #X and #Y seems different". Any advice ?