Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-04 09:45:18

AliF

What tools are available for easy viewing of source code?

Hello everyone, I am a newcomer to using code-aster, how can I view and modify the source code?

#2 2019-07-04 20:28:28

AsterO'dactyle
Administrator

Re: What tools are available for easy viewing of source code?

Hello,

With a text editor ?
I Don't understand your question wink

Code_Asterの開発者

#3 2019-07-05 03:04:08

AliF

AsterO'dactyle wrote:

Hello,

With a text editor ?
I Don't understand your question wink

Hi, my English is not very well, please forgive me.
I mean, is code-aster has a development tool that can look at the code and modify the code directly, instead of using a text tool, like visual studio to open a project file?

#4 2019-07-09 08:21:52

Mahions

Maybe "Understand"?

#5 2019-07-09 08:53:13

argi

Hi!
By "source code" do you mean the code that we have to run for a specific simulation? If yes, I woulde say that the "source_code" is usually written in a .comm file. You can modify it with an .txt editor, but you have to respect the "code_aster" language.

From my point of view, the best way to learn the code_aster language, is using the free interface Salome-Meca  (here there is a good introduction to use salome-meca in order to run your simulations typing "[Salome-Meca 2017 Tutorial] Simple Plate Linear Static Analysis" in YouTube). In here, you can use the interface or edit the file .comm, ( the source code that you have mentioned ), or download the .comm corresponding to the simulation that you have run using the interface.

In salome meca, in the section AsterStudy, in the tab "Case View --> Data Settings", you can click on the "Current case" and choose the "Text mode" to see the .comm file. Then, to go back to the graphical mode, you can click again on the "current case" and to choose "Graphical mode".

I hope that it does give you a hint to progress!

Last edited by argi (2019-07-09 14:16:03)

#6 2021-01-04 13:07:40

janders

Why don't you use Visual Studio Code? You can find Tooltip feature in VS code which is the best for Python. I think code_aster is based on Python and thus may work in visual studio code. It's a great platform to carryout the structural analysis.