Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-10 14:46:04

D_research

Free-field/ Far field/ Viscous boundary/ Absorbing boundary elements

Hello everyone,

I found article [R4.02.05] entitled "absorbing boundary elements'. Is there infinite element option in Code_aster. I want to dissipate energy of soil so that waves may not reflect back. Any viscous dampers option?

Thank you.

#2 2020-09-30 12:39:39

CLF
Website

Re: Free-field/ Far field/ Viscous boundary/ Absorbing boundary elements

Hi

There is an absorbing 'rubber band mesh' that is simple to use. This mesh, however, is not perfectly absorbing. See
* 3D_FLUI_ABSO - Rubber band mesh with anechoic termination for fluid elements. This element has the dofs PRES and PHI (acoustic displacement). See document R4.02.05.
* 3D_ABSO - Rubber band mesh with anechoic termination for structure (soil) elements. These elements can be used for analysis of soil-structure interaction analysis. This element has the dofs DX, DY, DZ. See document U3.14.09.

A bit more advanced is to use instead a Miss3D Boundary Element model on the boundary. This should be reflection free but come at the cost of increased analysis effort.

I have not used Miss3D, which is part of the SalomeMeca package. You need to search the forum for help on that one.

Hope this helps
Claes

Last edited by CLF (2020-09-30 12:42:31)