Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-01 07:08:34

LI Bo

using XFEM simulation, the crack propagation direction is a variable

hello everyone
I am completely new to use this software to simulate crack propagation. Although I succeeded to calculate weld toe K1 and K2 of my specimens, when I continued to simulate the K1 and K2 of weld root, there were always errors holding me back.
When I used DEMI_DROITE to set crack massage, there  were always these errors like this:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
   ! <S> Exception user raised but not interceptee.                                   !
   ! The bases are fermees.                                                           !
   ! Type of the exception: MatriceSinguliereError                                    !
   !                                                                                  !
   !    Arrêt pour cause de matrice non inversible.                                   !
   !    La base globale est sauvegardée. Elle contient les pas archivés avant         !
   ! l'arrêt.                                                                         !
   !                                                                                  !
   !    Conseils :                                                                    !
   !       - Vérifiez vos conditions aux limites.                                     !
   !       - Vérifiez votre modèle, la cohérence des unités.                          !
   !       - Si vous faites du contact, il ne faut pas que la structure ne "tienne"   !
   ! que par le contact.                                                              !
   !       - Parfois, en parallèle, le critère de détection de singularité de MUMPS   !
   ! est trop pessimiste ! Il reste néanmoins souvent                                 !
   !         possible de faire passer le calcul complet en relaxant ce critère        !
   ! (augmenter de 1 ou 2 la valeur du mot-clé NPREC) ou                              !
   !         en le débranchant (valeur du mot-clé NPREC=-1) ou en relançant le calcul !
   ! sur moins de processeurs.                                                        !
   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After that, I tried to utilize the SEGMENT to set crack coordinate massages. The simulation seemed to succeed to process, but
the message file said that :

The direction of the field theta was not given. The automatic direction
is a variable direction, based on the gradient of the level-set tangent.

! <S> Exception user raised but not interceptee.                                   !
   ! The bases are fermees.                                                           !
   ! Type of the exception: MatriceSinguliereError                                    !
   !    Arrêt pour cause de matrice non inversible.                                   !
   !    La base globale est sauvegardée. Elle contient les pas archivés avant         !
   ! l'arrêt.                                                                         !
   !    Conseils :                                                                    !
   !       - Vérifiez vos conditions aux limites.                                     !
   !       - Vérifiez votre modèle, la cohérence des unités.                          !
   !       - Si vous faites du contact, il ne faut pas que la structure ne "tienne"   !
   ! que par le contact.                                                              !
   !       - Parfois, en parallèle, le critère de détection de singularité de MUMPS   !
   ! est trop pessimiste ! Il reste néanmoins souvent                                 !
   !         possible de faire passer le calcul complet en relaxant ce critère        !
   ! (augmenter de 1 ou 2 la valeur du mot-clé NPREC) ou                              !
   !         en le débranchant (valeur du mot-clé NPREC=-1) ou en relançant le calcul !
   ! sur moins de processeurs.                                                        !

when I saw my result file, the principal stress at the crack where I set concentrated, but I don't know why the simulation did not process smoothly.

I am so sorry that my English is not so good, but I got stuck with this problem for a couple of weeks. If somebody could help me, I would be very very appreciated with them.

sincerely,

LI Bo

#2 2020-09-01 07:52:43

LI Bo

Re: using XFEM simulation, the crack propagation direction is a variable

These are mmed, hdf and mess files.

Attachments:
salomeme.zip, Size: 849.25 KiB, Downloads: 12