Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-21 12:26:38

kathi

Salome_Meca V2019.0.3_Ubuntu 18.04 Installation Issues

hello

after installing Salome_Meca V2019.0.3  on  Ubuntu 18.04 I can start salome, but I get a SIGSEGV error as soon as I activate the mesh module.
Some time earlier I have already installed: sudo apt install libquadmath0  which was a remedium to another problem with the mesh module.

I paste below the terminal output of the install process and the start of salome.

Does anybody recognize what is the problem?

Thank you and bonne noel

kathi

kathi@nero:~$ ./salome_meca-2019.0.3-1-universal.run

=========================================================
Self Extracting salome_meca V2019.0.3_universal Installer

Enter the salome_meca install directory [default=/home/kathi/salome_meca] : 
salome_meca is in English, do you want to be in French ? [y/N] : N
Installation of salome_meca V2019.0.3_universal in /home/kathi/salome_meca/V2019.0.3_universal ...
Verifying archive integrity...
All good.
Done                                                                                                                                                                                                       
Creating salome_meca application in /home/kathi/salome_meca/appli_V2019.0.3_universal ...
Setting for help already set
salome_meca post-installation ...
Adjusting the file : /home/kathi/salome_meca/appli_V2019.0.3_universal/SalomeApp.xml
Warning: the directory /home/kathi/salome_meca/V2019.0.3_universal/modules/EUROPLEXUS_201901/lib/salome is in a path variable but does not exist
Warning: the directory ~/bin is in a path variable but does not exist
The salome_meca application was successfully created.
To run the application:
$ /home/kathi/salome_meca/appli_V2019.0.3_universal/salome
Adjusting wishexecutable /home/kathi/salome_meca/V2019.0.3_universal/tools/Code_aster_frontend-20190/etc/codeaster/profile.sh
Initialize terminal and editor for Code_aster
Creating symlink in /home/kathi/salome_meca/V2019.0.3_universal/tools/Code_aster_stable-v144_smeca : salome -> /home/kathi/salome_meca/appli_V2019.0.3_universal/salome
Final configuration
kathi@nero:~$ /home/kathi/salome_meca/appli_V2019.0.3_universal/salome
runSalome running on nero
Searching for a free port for naming service: 2811 - OK
Searching Naming Service  + found in 0.1 seconds 
Searching /Kernel/Session in Naming Service  ++Warning: this type (Study,objref) already exists, it will be ignored.
Warning: this type (SALOME_MED/MEDCouplingFieldDoubleCorbaInterface,objref) already exists, it will be ignored.
 found in 1.0 seconds 
Start SALOME, elapsed time :   1.2 seconds
     Warning: module NETGENPLUGIN is improperly configured!
     Module NETGENPLUGIN will not be available in GUI mode!
     Warning: module HYBRIDPLUGIN is improperly configured!
     Module HYBRIDPLUGIN will not be available in GUI mode!
     Warning: module HexoticPLUGIN is improperly configured!
     Module HexoticPLUGIN will not be available in GUI mode!
     Warning: module GHS3DPLUGIN is improperly configured!
     Module GHS3DPLUGIN will not be available in GUI mode!
     Warning: module BLSURFPLUGIN is improperly configured!
     Module BLSURFPLUGIN will not be available in GUI mode!
     Warning: module GMSHPLUGIN is improperly configured!
     Module GMSHPLUGIN will not be available in GUI mode!

#2 2019-12-22 03:21:31

GXA_William

Re: Salome_Meca V2019.0.3_Ubuntu 18.04 Installation Issues

Greetings Kathi.

Same exact issue; have not found a resolution.

Maddening; three releases this year and each seems to come with a new set of issues.

Perhaps the answer is simply to install Scibian as the OS (seems this is the EDF version of Debian).

We have not tried Scibian but I may grab an old (disposable) laptop, install Scibian and see if that improves the situation.

-William

#3 2019-12-27 03:09:39

GXA_William

Greetings Kathi.

Okay, I managed to resolve the issue on 18.04.

The following worked on our machines - and (cross my fingers) this seems like a very stable SMECA.  Doing a simple case I was able to generate a simple geometry, add groups, mesh it, add the mesh groups, move into ASTER Study, use the Assistant, run the case, then PostProcess and then I went back to Geom, Smesh, Shaper - then back to AsterStudy, then back to PostProcess - all without crashing (I have never been able to do this before without a crash).

Note that I am a hack when it comes to this kind of thing - you may already have these libraries installed, just giving you what worked for us:

1) Delete any existing installs of V2019..0.3

2) sudo apt-get install liblapacke-dev liblapacke liblapack3 liblapack-pic liblapack-dev libqt5opengl5-dev libqt5opengl5 libqt5concurrent5 libnlopt0 libqt5multimediawidgets5 build-essential flex cmake zlib1g-dev libopenmpi-dev openmpi-bin gnuplot libreadline-dev libncurses-dev libgmp-dev libmpfr-dev libmpc-dev qt4-dev-tools libqt4-dev libqt4-opengl-dev freeglut3-dev libqtwebkit-dev  libxt-dev

3) Reinstall V2019.0.3

4) Run SMECA and try a simple case from scratch

5) Voila

Hoping this helps you and others.

-William

#4 2019-12-28 21:08:49

k_zurawski

Unfortunately it didn't work in my case. Still having segmentation error and I'm not even able to run mesh module.

regards,
Krzysztof

#5 2019-12-29 17:09:27

sb1966

Hi,
Greetings and best wishes to all for the forthcoming new year..

GXA_William wrote:

sudo apt-get install liblapacke-dev liblapacke liblapack3 liblapack-pic liblapack-dev libqt5opengl5-dev libqt5opengl5 libqt5concurrent5 libnlopt0 libqt5multimediawidgets5 build-essential flex cmake zlib1g-dev libopenmpi-dev openmpi-bin gnuplot libreadline-dev libncurses-dev libgmp-dev libmpfr-dev libmpc-dev qt4-dev-tools libqt4-dev libqt4-opengl-dev freeglut3-dev libqtwebkit-dev  libxt-dev

1) In my ubuntu 18.04, I had all the pre-requisites already installed  as given in the pre-requisites section for installing code-aster(https:SLASH SLASHwww.code-aster.org/V2/spip.php?article273.) and also the qt5 libraries mentioned earlier in the forum.
2) And I didn't have any issue in installing/running this version of S-Meca.
3) I have run a simple linear study without any problem, including post-processing by using Post-processor and Paravis module.
4) I think, the libraries mentioned by GXA_William includes every thing mentioned in code-aster/salome-meca pre-requisite pages.

Hope this might be of help to some one.

With Regards.

Sukumar

#6 2020-01-19 13:45:10

TSbySE

Bonjour,
Je viens d'installer à neuf Ubuntu 18.04.3 et j'ai aussi installé les perequisites de GXA_William. Cependant, lors de l'installation de Salome-Meca V2019.0.3 les messages suivants apparaissent dans la fenêtre de commande. Aucun icône n'est crée sur le bureau et je ne trouve pas exécutable.
Quelqu'un a-t-il une idée du problème?
Merci d'avance.
Salutation
T. Stehlin

Self Extracting salome_meca V2019.0.3_universal Installer

Enter the salome_meca install directory [default=/home/se/salome_meca] :
salome_meca is in English, do you want to be in French ? [y/N] : y
Installation of salome_meca V2019.0.3_universal in /home/se/salome_meca/V2019.0.3_universal ...
Verifying archive integrity...
All good.
Done                                                                           
./create_appli.sh: ligne 108: /salome_prerequisites_root.sh: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
./create_appli.sh: ligne 109: /salome_modules.sh: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
Creating salome_meca application in /home/se/salome_meca/appli_V2019.0.3_universal ...
sed: impossible de lire /.config_appli_template.xml: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
Setting for help already set
Setting the language to fr in the preferences file /home/se/.config/salome/SalomeApprc..universal
grep: salome_context.cfg: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
salome_meca post-installation ...
./create_appli.sh: ligne 263: python : commande introuvable
./create_appli.sh: ligne 287: ./salome_post_install.py: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
The salome_meca application was successfully created.
To run the application:
$ /home/se/salome_meca/appli_V2019.0.3_universal/salome
Adjusting wishexecutable /home/se/salome_meca/V2019.0.3_universal/tools/Code_aster_frontend-20190/etc/codeaster/profile.sh
Initialize terminal and editor for Code_aster
Final configuration

#7 2020-02-03 14:16:30

fusion

Hi,

I have the same trouble on CentOS 7.4 when installing salome_meca-2019.0.3-1-universal.

The file create_appli.sh that is used by the installer sets SALOMEDIR:
if test -z "$SALOMEDIR"; then
  SALOMEDIR=`python -c "import os; print os.path.normpath(os.path.dirname(os.path.abspath(os.path.realpath('$0'))))" 2>/dev/null`
fi

This python command return an empty value for SALOMEDIR when Python 3.6.8 is used:
[soft@fusion V2019.0.3_universal]$ python -c "import os; print os.path.normpath(os.path.dirname(os.path.abspath(os.path.realpath('$0'))))" 2>/dev/null
SALOMEDIR = ' '

Thus some files are not found by the installer:
./create_appli.sh: ligne108: /salome_prerequisites_root.sh: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
./create_appli.sh: ligne109: /salome_modules.sh: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
Creating salome_meca application in /gpfs/opt/softwares/salome_meca/2019-bis/appli_V2019.0.3_universal ...
sed: impossible de lire /.config_appli_template.xml: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type

With Python 2.7.5, SALOMEDIR is set to the right path:
[soft@fusion V2019.0.3_universal]$ python -c "import os; print os.path.normpath(os.path.dirname(os.path.abspath(os.path.realpath('$0'))))" 2>/dev/null
/gpfs/opt/softwares/salome_meca/2019/V2019.0.3_universal
SALOMEDIR = '/gpfs/opt/softwares/salome_meca/2019/V2019.0.3_universal'

but the installer looks for python3:
salome_post_install.py:#!/usr/bin/env python3 ?
/usr/bin/env: python3: Permission non accordée

Any ideas? Should we use python 3.6 or 2.7 for Salome_meca 2019?

Regards,
Anne-Sophie

#8 2020-02-11 00:09:24

malkoc34

Hi Guy;

I have same error. All one week. (fatal error sigsevg, directory error etc..)

I did use virtual machine on win10 64bit.

Later, I install ubuntu 18.04 with bootable usb on my pc. I can see two operation system on startup my pc.

++ Update ubuntu with software update tool
++ restart
++ and I install salome-meca prerequsities with the following command
sudo apt install gcc g++ gfortran cmake python3 python3-dev python3-numpy tk bison flex liblapack-dev libopenblas-dev libboost-python-dev libboost-numpy-dev zlib1g-dev
++ restart
++ tar xvf salome_meca-2019.0.3-1-universal.tgz
++ ./salome_meca-2019.0.3-1-universal.run
++ ./salome

And I did check geomety and mesh modul no problem. smile

See you, thanks.

#9 2020-02-11 07:33:50

mihe

Hi, I had the same problem with Salome meca 2019.0.3 as kathi in the start of this thread "SIGSEGV error as soon as I activate the mesh module".

From "code-aster.org/forum2/viewtopic.php?id=24678" installing with "sudo" seem to remove this issue:

tar xzf salome_meca-2019.0.3-1-universal.tgz && sudo ./salome_meca-2019.0.3-1-universal.run

BR/Micke

Last edited by mihe (2020-02-11 10:57:08)

Salome Meca 2017 and  2019 on Ubuntu 18

#10 Yesterday 17:08:36

TSbySE

Hi,

I am still in trouble with my Salome_Meca_2019 installation...

First I did an installation from scratch on a virtual machine using the procedure described by malkoc34.
Everything went perfect and the salome_meca application was successfully created with only one warning message:
"Warning: the directory /home/se/salome_meca/V2019.0.3_universal/modules/EUROPLEXUS_201901/lib/salome is in a path variable but does not exist"

Then I started Salome_Meca and went thru the modules. All started without problems except the issues listed below.
Note that I am working with Ubuntu 18.04 OS on a virtual machine.

Regards
T. Stehlin

Issue 1
- Mesh module error "SIGSEGV 'Segmantation violation' detected. Adress 8"
- Fields module error "SIGSEGV 'Segmantation violation' detected. Adress 8"
In these cases the application Salome_Meca freezes and needs to be killed.
Note that I also tried the Salome_Meca installation using sudo (according to mihe post), but it is even worse (AsterStudy won't start at all...).
=> Does anybody recognize what is the problem?

Issue 2
- Astk error "Unable to open a terminal. Please check the "Terminal" field in Configuration/Server"
In a previous installation (Salome_Meca_2017 on Ubuntu 16.04 Virtual Machine) the Configuration/Server was set to "/usr/bin/xterm -sb -si -geometry 90x32" and Astk works fine.
In the Salome_Meca_2019 installation the Configuration/Server is set to "-sb -si -geometry 90x32" and does not work.
Using "/usr/bin/xterm -sb -si -geometry 90x32" does not work either.
Note that xterm has been installed uing the command "sudo apt-get install xterm".
=> Does anybody have an idea of the proper setting to be used?