Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-05 14:45:37

jadenfrancis

Anyone worked with opensource alternative to ABAQUS like code aster

Hi

I have a full functioning sequentially coupled thermo-mechanical model in abaqus which also calculates a stress coupled user defined field. I want to switch to an opensource platform for some consultancy purpose.

Has anyone developed such coupled solutions in code aster. How good is the documentation. And how accurate is the solver etc.

Thanks !

#2 2019-12-13 14:19:48

sb1966

Re: Anyone worked with opensource alternative to ABAQUS like code aster

Hi,
One big difference of Code-aster with other Open Source FEA suite is the availability of extensive detailed documentation of Code-aster ( HTTPS COLON SLASH SLASH www DOT code-aster.org SLASH V2 SLASH spip.php?rubrique19) and great number of validation test cases.

There is extensive documentation for coupled Thermo-Hydro-Mech (THM) simulations in Code-aster/Salome-meca.
You may visit the documentation page and see the following Documents: U2.04.05, R 7.01.10 and R 7.01.11. Also, in order to define material behavior for coupled analysis (and otherwise), you may like to look into the Operator DEFI_MATERIAU (Doc. U4.43.01).

Hope this helps.

Best wishes

(Sukumar)

EDIT

Though I have answered your question here, it should have been better posted in other appropriate forum like  Code-aster Usage.

This forum is meant to introduce the user community members amongst themselves. So kindly copy/move the post to appropriate forum, if possible.

Best regards

Last edited by sb1966 (2019-12-13 17:17:56)