Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-12 19:49:15

GuillermoBarraza

[SOLVED]Mesh for heat transfer between two cylindrical faces

Hi, everyone.

I have to run a heat transfer analysis of two concentric cylinders sharing a common face. I have to use ECHANGE_PAROI and I know that I've to have congruent meshes with a clearance between these. Does anyone have any idea how this is done? I attach thee .hdf file so you can see what I have at the moment.

best,

Guillermo.

Last edited by GuillermoBarraza (2016-11-17 23:38:23)

Attachments:
concentric_cylinders.hdf, Size: 675.79 KiB, Downloads: 385

#2 2016-09-18 16:30:59

Thomas DE SOZA
Guru

Re: [SOLVED]Mesh for heat transfer between two cylindrical faces

Hi,

Note that if you don't need flux exchange for the two cylinders sharing the common face, you may use AFFE_CHAR_THER/LIAISON_MAIL to simply connect both face and apply temperature equality. In this case both faces may be meshed separately.

Otherwise, meshing two faces with the same pattern in Salome-Meca/Mesh module is just a matter of :
- applying a "Partition" in the Geometry module to split the cylinder in half (the partition tool being a simple cylinder face) and generate the interface ;
- Meshing the object : the partition will make sure the interface exist and is congruent.

TdS

#3 2016-09-30 00:28:27

GuillermoBarraza

Hello again.

This time I would like to know how to apply a condition of flux exchange between two cylindrical faces but they don't belong to the same cylinder. ECHANGE_PAROI allows to do this just if the two meshes are congruent (as you say, this can be achieved with a partition, and in my particular problem I'm demanded to use real thermal contacts). Although, I'm asking this because I want to project the result into another mesh for a mechanical contact. So, the question must be, how do I generate the meshes so they are useful for both analyses? I attach the image below explaining what I have at the moment.

Thanks in advance,

Guillermo

Last edited by GuillermoBarraza (2016-09-30 04:31:13)

Attachments:
cylinders.png, Size: 134.26 KiB, Downloads: 372

#4 2016-09-30 03:24:52

GuillermoBarraza

I forgot to mention that I created a submesh in contact_1 and made a Projection 2D on contact_1 that's why they are similar. I performed an analysis with those and obtain the next message:

!-------------------------------------!
   ! <EXCEPTION> <MODELISA6_8>           !
   !                                     !
   !   on est sur 2 mailles orthogonales !
   !-------------------------------------!

Best,

Guillermo