Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-02-18 16:16:22

mf

Unpredictable behavior of SM2021 - MPI

Hello,

this week I faced some weird behavior of SM2021 (MPI-version). I haven't found out the reason until now.

In my study (I cannot attach .comm due to confidentiality) I use POURSUITE once. It seems that SM is not able to reload the glob-file when changing to the next stage. Then something like in the attached image appears (confidential stuff blurred, sorry): a huge window with a lot of text (once for each MPI process, I presume) that I cannot close. Also, the next stage does not show the turning hourglass, although something is still running.

Sometimes it seems, this behavior does not occur when I change the number of MPI-processes to, lets say 12 (16 in the image with error).

Does anyone else see this behavior and knows how to resolve? I know it would be easier to resolve if I attached .comm etc. In this case, I am not allowed to do that sorry.

Thank you,

Mario.

Attachments:
Bildschirmfoto vom 2022-02-17 09-38-27_02.jpg, Size: 1.01 MiB, Downloads: 154

#2 2022-03-07 20:30:29

jonas loenartz

Re: Unpredictable behavior of SM2021 - MPI

mf wrote:

Does anyone else see this behavior and knows how to resolve? I know it would be easier to resolve if I attached .comm etc. In this case, I am not allowed to do that sorry.

Hello, I had the same issue today. I am using the container you provide on GitHub (so far no problems! thanks again for the work -- > https:__//github.com/emefff/Code-Aster-MPI-in-Singularity-of-SM2021). I normally use ASTK to run my cases, but I thought about switching (going with the time ...). First try, first issue I guess.
I too can't share a  .comm file due to confidentiality...

I try to paint a picture what happened though:

• Stage from text-file,

• Only the mesh-file defined as input

• Output defined in second comm-file (stage) but the error came right after finishing the run of the first stage (STAT_NON_LINE)

Have you been able to narrow it down?

I attached a screenshot of the strange behaviour

Attachments:
screenshot.png, Size: 511.94 KiB, Downloads: 74

#3 2022-03-08 09:52:18

mf

Re: Unpredictable behavior of SM2021 - MPI

Hello,

no, I could not find the reason. I removed the POURSUITE in order to get the simulation to finish. I am not sure, it could be that there was another mistake. So, no news here, sorry,

Mario.