Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-03 15:23:27

statist

Glue contact of three bodies with different materials.

Hello everybody! Happy New Year!
I want to make glue contact of three bodies with different materials, but I can not imagine how to do it in Salome_Meca. Can anyone give me some logic? For example, a path will be three cubes following each other, one end is fixed, a tensile force is applied to the other. 
I can glue two bodies together. But three doesn't work.
Thank you!

#2 2021-01-03 16:04:47

mf

Re: Glue contact of three bodies with different materials.

Hello,

what do you have in mind? Something like this?

Mario.

EDIT: Ah, you meant tensile. But try yourself....

Last edited by mf (2021-01-03 17:32:33)

Attachments:
TEST46_3_BOXES_GLUED.zip, Size: 1.81 MiB, Downloads: 263

#3 2021-01-03 19:43:03

statist

Thanks a lot! The tensile was like example. I did not know that it is possible to combine meshes like this in Salome. This will help me a lot in further research! Thanks a lot again!

#4 2021-01-04 08:53:00

mf

Good morning,

you're welcome. When glueing bodies with different materials like this remember:

1) to create partitions of the opposing parts if faces don't match (if you do not create partitions, behaviour will not be correct).
2) every body needs his own 3D group (here: xyz_ALL) for assigning of materials
3) mesh every body separately (you must have control over the mesh size of every surface if needed)
4) if you have many bodies after meshing use 'Build Compound' in mesh module. Then you don't need to import them separately in AsterStudy, still you have to glue them. A mesh compound is only an 'accumulation' of separate meshes, they do not know each other, every defined group is present on its own.
5) it is advisable to assign the first entry in AFFE_MATERIAU to TOUT='OUI' in order to not forget assigning a material (can be crucial if you have 10+ bodies). Every following entry overwrites anything that was in a previous entry if any 'overlaps' are present.
6) mesh element size of MAIT should be coarser than ESCL (even more important in 'real' contact with DEFI_MATERIAU!)
7) LIAISON_MAIL in 3D: MAIT is also 3D, ESCL is 2D then (think of it like this: a surface 'follows' a 3D body).
8) if things get more complicated separate fixation, glueing and force (like it is done here) to be able to 'switch' them on/off when needed (though not needed here....). This especially important when STAT_NON_LINE is needed for some reason (then fixation and glueing will be turned on all the time and forces etc. will be turned on when needed).

Mario.

#5 2021-01-04 11:30:49

statist

Thank you, Mario! These are very valuable tips.