Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-28 16:54:56

sb1966

Possibility of Cloud-based Service around Code-Aster

Dear All,
I wonder, if there is any plan for introducing Cloud-based service around Code-aster/Salome-Meca in (near) future.
I believe, cloud based service is going to be the trend in real life CAE in near future. This is because, I think, the infrastructure and the expertise required for providing/maintaining the HPC resources necessary for realistic simulation of complicated industrial problems are not easily or widely available. Also, it won't be feasible for every one to acquire such resources.

Some companies like Onscale.com are already in the show, by introducing cloud-based simulation platform subscriptions. Keeping in view the multiphysics capabilities of Code-aster, I think it is one of the most suitable candidates to be introduced as a cloud based simulation platform.

I do hope, EDF or other companies working around Code-aster would ponder over the matter and come forward for fulfilling the industrial needs in this regard. I am sure, it would be a win-win situation for both the service provider and the subscribers.

With regards

Sukumar

EDIT: I have come across SimScale which is a cloud based HPC service and it uses Code-aster for Mechanics simulation. I am yet to explore it though.

Last edited by sb1966 (2020-10-30 00:23:33)

#2 2021-03-27 19:55:52

rupole1185

Re: Possibility of Cloud-based Service around Code-Aster

Hi there,

I am member of the Italian community of CodeAster. In Italy there is a small start-up which provides CloudHPC, a platform to run CodeAster on the cloud as you said. I might suggest that by checking their website: cloudhpc.cloud

sb1966 wrote:

Dear All,
I wonder, if there is any plan for introducing Cloud-based service around Code-aster/Salome-Meca in (near) future.
I believe, cloud based service is going to be the trend in real life CAE in near future. This is because, I think, the infrastructure and the expertise required for providing/maintaining the HPC resources necessary for realistic simulation of complicated industrial problems are not easily or widely available. Also, it won't be feasible for every one to acquire such resources.

Some companies like Onscale.com are already in the show, by introducing cloud-based simulation platform subscriptions. Keeping in view the multiphysics capabilities of Code-aster, I think it is one of the most suitable candidates to be introduced as a cloud based simulation platform.

I do hope, EDF or other companies working around Code-aster would ponder over the matter and come forward for fulfilling the industrial needs in this regard. I am sure, it would be a win-win situation for both the service provider and the subscribers.

With regards

Sukumar

EDIT: I have come across SimScale which is a cloud based HPC service and it uses Code-aster for Mechanics simulation. I am yet to explore it though.

#3 2021-03-27 21:45:27

sb1966

Re: Possibility of Cloud-based Service around Code-Aster

Hi,
Thanks a lot for sharing the information. I will explore the same.

Best regards

Sukumar