Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-25 05:37:52

SamuelTwain

user-defined element

Dear CAers:
    Can users define their own elements in Code Aster?
    As I have known the displacement response of a special bar element under  any given force, I want to apply this specail element in Code Aster. This function seems analogous to UEL of Abaqus. But I can find some relevant documentations about user-defined element in CA. Could anyone please tell me how to realize or offer some relevant documentaion?
Regards,
Samuel

#2 2020-08-25 07:16:31

Voulet2

Re: user-defined element

There is this presentation :

code-aster.org/V2/UPLOAD/DOC/Formations/10-finite_element_advanced.pdf

And this documentation code-aster.org/V2/doc/default/en/man_d/d5/d5.02.02.pdf
(tranlated from french to english by a software thus... )

I'm just aware that this exist, I didn't read and study the pointed documents (I just scrolled through them).

#3 2020-08-25 12:47:30

SamuelTwain

Voulet2 wrote:

There is this presentation :

code-aster.org/V2/UPLOAD/DOC/Formations/10-finite_element_advanced.pdf

And this documentation code-aster.org/V2/doc/default/en/man_d/d5/d5.02.02.pdf
(tranlated from french to english by a software thus... )

I'm just aware that this exist, I didn't read and study the pointed documents (I just scrolled through them).

Thank you Voulet2. I will study thess documentations and share my findings ( if I obtain ). As I haven't learned French, sometimes these documents are really abstract for me....
Samuel

#4 2020-08-27 15:31:20

SamuelTwain

Hello CAers:
    Recently I found a report about user defined element. link here: codeaster.net/spip.php?article1056

On the other hand, user-defined 2-noded discrete elements can be introduced to explicitly model each and every metal connector and connection device in the structure. A combination of two discrete elements in series – a cable and a bilinear element - is used to model uplift-restraint devices that have no resistance in compression and exhibit a pinching response in tension

I think this user-defined 2-noded discrete element is very close to what I want to apply in my case because it is used to simulate a  force-Slip response. I have known the nonlieanr force-displacement relationship of the anticipatory user-defined element, but I don't know how to realize it. Could anyone please give me some suggestions?
Regards,
Samuel