Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-24 14:18:48

mdoe

Avoid "copying results" to save time

Hi,

We are running a large number of code_aster cases and time usage is critical.

At the end of each run results are copied (see below). Compressing and copying "glob.1" and "pick.1" is not necessary for us, however it takes 10 seconds.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO TURN OF COMPRESSING AND COPYING "glob.1" and "pick.1" ?

"
Copying results

copying .../fort.6...                                                   [  OK  ]
copying .../fort.8...                                                   [  OK  ]
copying .../fort.80...                                                  [  OK  ]
compressing glob.1                                                      [  OK  ]
compressing pick.1                                                      [  OK  ]
copying .../glob.1.gz...                                                [  OK  ]
copying .../pick.1.gz...                                                [  OK  ]
"

#2 2017-01-24 21:22:34

stephaneberger

Re: Avoid "copying results" to save time

HI

I guess

FIN(RETASSAGE='NON',);

The other way is if  you are not using POURSUITE, you should avoid to use the base.

stephane

#3 2017-01-25 11:12:45

mdoe

Thanks so much, unfortunately it did not solve my problem hmm

I tried including
FIN(RETASSAGE='NON',);
... but it did not make a difference. It is also the default setting, so I was already using it (why does'nt it work?).

I looked into my .mess file which shows a total time usage of 57 seconds (and not compressing+copying). But the screen output shows 70 seconds (including compressing+copying). See below.

ANYBODY KNOWS WHAT IS GOING ON AND HOW I CAN AVOID COMPRESSING+COPYING?

.mess file ouput:
"
* FIN                      :       0.09 :       0.11 :       0.20 :       0.20 *
*  . part Superviseur      :       4.93 :       0.19 :       5.12 :       5.09 *
*  . part Fortran          :      44.44 :       6.72 :      51.16 :      52.14 *
********************************************************************************
* TOTAL_JOB                :      49.37 :       6.91 :      56.28 :      57.24 *
********************************************************************************

EXECUTION_CODE_ASTER_EXIT_10332=0
"

Screen output:
"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                            cpu     system    cpu+sys    elapsed
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   Preparation of environment              0.00       0.00       0.00       0.00
   Copying datas                           0.07       0.04       0.11       0.11
   Code_Aster run                         49.97       7.58      57.55      58.44
   Copying results                        11.56       0.46      12.02      13.04
   Total                                  61.89       8.20      70.09      72.03
"

#4 2017-01-25 11:29:30

jeanpierreaubry
Guru

hello

as stated above just simply
do not create the base if you do not need it

where does the screen output you produce come from ?
how do you launch the problem ?

jean pierre aubry

consider reading my book
freely available here https://framabook.org/beginning-with-code_aster/

#5 2017-01-25 13:02:20

Johannes_ACKVA
Website

mdoe

in order not to create, compress and copy the base: Delete the respective line from your export file, i.e. comment out or delete the last of the following lines:

F comm example.comm D  1
F mmed example.med D  20
F mess example.mess R  6
F resu exampleD.resu R  8
F rmed example.rmed R  80
###  F base BASE_example RC 0

If you created your analysis case in the Aster module in Salome Meca: there is an option "create base" or similar which you must de-activate.
You can also edit in the Aster module an existing calculation case to de-activate this

Regards Johannes_ACKVA

*** CODE-ASTER  DYNAMIC ANALYSIS
     16-17  February  2017

Ingenieurbüro für Mechanik
D 91717 Wassertrüdingen / Germany

www.code-aster.de                                                Training & Support for NASTRAN and CODE-ASTER

#6 2017-01-26 09:18:54

mdoe

It worked - i removed the "base" stuff in export file as described by Johannes_ACKVA.

Thanks smile

So for anyone else: There is options for controlling saving of bases in both command file and export file, and there is also options in Salome Aster module.

@jeanpierreaubry:
Screen output is from a terminal window in linux. We are using code_aster distributed with Salome, but do not use Salome module for this problem except for viewing results. Problem is launced from terminal using the runSession executable (eg. /salome_meca/appli_V2015_2/runSession as_run problem001.export). That works beatifully..