Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#26 2013-01-14 03:33:48

DarrenY

Re: [SOLVED] Exit Code = 139 for Tutorial Beam-cable-gmsh-aster

Hi,

I added the vertical beams (20,20,1.5) and placed 'vertb' in the required concepts. I also added 'vertb' and 'panel' to the concept 'selfwght' under PESANTEUR keyword.

I found why the stress level was higher than in the tutorial. I had used a value of -100 for the distributed load on 'topbeam' for concept 'cr' when it should have been -0.1*100 or -10.

Regarding the 5th load step, I see what I'm missing. The loading 'cv' is defined under AFFE_CHAR_MECA for 'panel' in 'model' but it is not applied at a load step. I've tried to add it. I added load step 5 (Steps 2 to 6), defined function concept 'cv_m', and extended concept 'liste' to 6.

Now in STANLEY,

- Load step 4 range is 0.369 to 7.93 (topbeam and self weight)
- Load step 5 range is 0.382 to 7.93 (panel load)
Which is basically unchanged between the two steps.

The tutorial shows

- Load step 5 range is 0.786 to 19.4 (panel load)

I had hoped that if I added the panel pressure properly at step 5 that the tutorial values would be reached but that didn't occur. I seem to be missing something.

Looking ahead to the stiffeners in Chapter 20 on page 44 (shown below), I don't know what group should be created for 'topbeamver'. Is this 'vertb'?

IMPR_RESU(MODELE=model,  FORMAT=’MED’,  UNITE=80,
    RESU=(_F(GROUP_MA=(’topbeam’,’topbeamver’,’mast’,’panel’,),
    RESULTAT=stat,
    NOM_CHAM=(’DEPL’,’SIEF_ELGA_DEPL’,’SIPO_ELNO_DEPL’,’SIGM_ELNO_DEPL’,),

Files are attached.

Regards,
- Darren

Attachments:
port1_Chapter_17_to_19_VERTB_4_PANELS_130113_2028_DY.zip, Size: 1.27 MiB, Downloads: 274

#27 2013-01-14 08:18:41

jeanpierreaubry
Guru

hello

- Load step 4 range is 0.369 to 7.93 (topbeam and self weight)
- Load step 5 range is 0.382 to 7.93 (panel load)
Which is basically unchanged between the two steps.

these results looks correct to me (the picture in the tutorial is probably wrong somewhere)
try a higher wind pressure to see the difference!
and look at the value of the sum of the reactions in the .resu file with pressure at 0,001 the horizontal sum is  low compared to the vertical one

'topbeamver' must be a typo!

jean pierre aubry

consider reading my book
freely available here https://framabook.org/beginning-with-code_aster/

#28 2013-01-26 05:08:05

DarrenY

Thanks, Jean Pierre.
Attached is the successful run.

Regards,
- Darren

Attachments:
01_Chapter_17_to_19_VERTB_4_PANELS_130113_2019_DY_success.zip, Size: 775.7 KiB, Downloads: 285

#29 2013-01-26 05:15:52

DarrenY

This is the successful run for Chapter 20 - Stiffener Bars
Without rmed and pos files to conserve size.

Attachments:
02_Chapter_20_STIFFENER_BARS_130115_1836_DY_success.zip, Size: 255.32 KiB, Downloads: 273

#30 2013-01-26 05:17:19

DarrenY

This is the successful run for Chapter 21 and 22 - Nonlinear
Without rmed and pos files to conserve size.

Attachments:
03_Chapter_21_22_NONLINEAR_130124_2142_DY_success.zip, Size: 260.62 KiB, Downloads: 280

#31 2013-01-26 05:19:19

DarrenY

Hi,

I successfully completed the tutorial up to Chapter 24. I was able to create the revised mesh in GMSH under Chapter 23 using Python. I have an error when trying to run when creating the COMM file in Chapter 24. I think it might be related to the naming of the node groups but I'm not sure. I had syntax errors before this and the error messages were very good to help me fix the Python errors that I made but this one has me stumped.

The other successful runs I sent separately.

Thanks.

Regards,
- Darren

Attachments:
04_Chapter_23_24_CABLE_CLOWN_130124_2224_DY_FAIL.zip, Size: 23.31 KiB, Downloads: 263

#32 2013-01-28 19:09:16

jeanpierreaubry
Guru

hello

Mot-clé simple : TYPE_CHARGE
               !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
               ! La valeur : 'FIX_CSTE'  ne fait pas partie des choix possibles ('FIXE_CSTE', !
               ! 'FIXE_PILO', 'SUIV', 'DIDI')                                                 !
               !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is rather well spelled in french
try typing
'FIXE_CSTE' instead of 'FIX_CSTE'
one E missing

jean pierre aubry

consider reading my book

#33 2013-01-29 05:00:38

DarrenY

Thanks, Jean Pierre.
FIXE_CSTE syntax fixed.
I have to be careful with the english translations. Sometimes the commands that contain french words that are complete enough become translated to english when passed through a translator and the command meaning is lost.

Now there's a new error (shown below) (How did you show error message in Quote window?). Node 33 is on one of the cable stays near the top, but not at an end point. I thought it might relate to DDL with the reference to blocking movement but doesn't appear to be the case. Files attached.

Regards,
- Darren

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
   ! <S> Exception utilisateur levee mais pas interceptee.                           !
   ! Les bases sont fermees.                                                         !
   ! Type de l'exception : error                                                     !
   !                                                                                 !
   ! (Solveur linéaire LDLT ou MULT_FRONT) Matrice non factorisable !                !
   !   On sait en plus que:                                                          !
   !    - pivot est presque nul à la ligne 285 pour le noeud N33 et                  !
   !      la composante DZ,                                                          !
   !    - nombre de décimales perdues : 8.                                           !
   !                                                                                 !
   !   -> Conseil & Risque :                                                         !
   !      Il s'agit peut être d'un mouvement de corps rigide mal bloqué.             !
   !      Vérifiez les conditions aux limites.                                       !
   !      Si vous faites du contact, il ne faut pas que la structure ne "tienne" que !
   ! par le contact.                                                                 !
   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments:
05_Chapter_23_24_CABLE_CLOWN_130128_2149_DY_FAIL.zip, Size: 36.61 KiB, Downloads: 261

#34 2013-01-29 19:24:00

jeanpierreaubry
Guru

hello

'mastgrd' and 'shrgrd' in the .geo and .med file are groups of lines
while the .comm file expect the points that are on the ground at the bottom of the masts and the shrouds!

more generally
i think part of the learning is also to review by yourself what and where could be the mistakes
it is time for you to walk on your own legs!

jean pierre aubry

consider reading my book

#35 2013-01-30 04:53:29

DarrenY

Hello Jean Pierre,

Thank you again. That was a very bad mistake on my part, by now I should have recognized the missing nodes. I'll work harder to find my own mistakes in the future.

I commented the TYPE_OPTION='SIGM_STRUCT' in CALC_ELEM as instructed previously to allow calculation of SIPO_ELNO and added the DEPL field for printing in the med file. The successful run is attached. I liked the DEPL presentation in STANLEY/GMSH with the vertical vector display over 55 increments.

I'll put this course to rest now that the clown has cycled.
Now it's time to examine what's been done in greater detail and learn more about the meaning.

I appreciate your help and kind patience throughout.
Take care.

Regards,
- Darren

Attachments:
06_Chapter_23_24_CABLE_CLOWN_130129_2122_DY_success.zip, Size: 147.63 KiB, Downloads: 264